Saturday, April 5, 2014

The Leave-You-To-Rest Kiss

Book Title: TARGET
Author: Darci Cole
Heat: <3 Sweet <3

***

He smiled. “Thank you. Can I get you anything before I go?”

She shook her head. “Just lock the door, please?”

He nodded. Standing, he leaned over and pressed his lips to her forehead. He lingered there, his face inches from hers. “If you need me, I’ll be in the kitchens. Just send for food and I’ll come.”

“Thank you, Demitri.”

He sighed. “My name on your lips is the most beautiful thing I’ve ever heard.”

She inhaled, anticipating what he might be about to do… what part of her feared, and another part hoped he would.

“Carina,” he whispered. “May I kiss you?”

The simple fact that he asked made her heart swell. “Yes,” she breathed.

The distance between them, which was so small already, shrank. His lips were soft and tasted smoky, like something off of a fire. She wasn’t sure what to do, but let his mouth move hers, following his lead, his compassion pouring into her. When he pulled away, it was too soon.

“Rest now,” he said. And then he was gone.

***

Awwwww... what do you think?

:-*

No comments:

Post a Comment