Friday, June 6, 2014

The "Shouldn't" Kiss

Book Title: WIP
Author: Rachel Simon
Heat: FliRtY

***

I lean my fishing pole against the fallen tree trunk and turn around to face him. The river sings to him with its rushing waters and tiny fish; I can see it in the way his eyes wander from me to my fishing pole to the river and back again. Instead of grabbing his pole like I think he's going to, Jesse turns to me.

Before I can process anything, he presses his lips onto mine. I don't try to stop it. I know I should because we can't be anything more than friends. I can't fall for him. He's going to leave and then what's the point of everything?

Instead, I open my mouth and our kiss intensifies. Kissing him isn't anything like kissing Colton, I think, as Jesse's hands find their way to the small of my back. My fingers play his shoulders like a piano, and I lose myself in it. The buzz of mosquitos disappear; the only thing I hear now is the sound of his heartbeat. Bum, bum, bum. It's in tune with mine, a song that only the two of us can hear. I slide my hands around his neck, arms looped. I step closer into him, chest-to-chest.

I should want more; my body tingling. But I don't. I'm liking this just as it is. I haven't hooked up with a sweet boy like this since, well, ever. Jackson [first boyfriend] was patient, but there was nothing sweet about us. And the string of boys after don't count. Colton certainly doesn't.

***

Thoughts? Let us know how you liked it!

:-*

No comments:

Post a Comment